- Drillhole intervals are required to be consistent with the stratigraphic pile modelling reference (Top vs Bot).
- Top and bottom stratigraphic pile modelling references are project exclusive, it is not possible top mix references types in your data.
- When modelling on bottom stratigraphic pile modelling reference, the lowest interval in a drillhole is open. Therefore, it may not be computed as expected as information is ambiguous. At least one foliation and one contact point must be added to ensure that the lowest interval is appropriately integrated in the model.
- Drillhole intervals may be set to a "relaxed" state to allow for some contacts to be ignored by the modelling engine should conflicts arise.
- Regardless of the drillhole intervals state of relaxation, discrepancies between the intervals and other data may results in models that do not honour the intervals perfectly. This is due to the nugget effect of the variogram used to parameterize the the co-kriging interpolator. Nugget effect may be lowered by several orders of magnitude to constrain the modeled surface better (Model->Compute→Select Series in list->Parameters→Nugget Effect).
How to deal with drillhole intervals in GeoModeller? Print
Created by: Evren Pakyuz-Charrier
Modified on: Sun, 8 Jul, 2018 at 6:30 PM
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.