Yes, Intrepid may import/export to .shp format.
Export of vector components of Intrepid maps to to ESRI shapefiles (.shp) is supported by creating and running a job file.
Export to ESRI Shape File
To export the contours and other map elements as an ESRI Shape file you will need to:
- Specify Arc format in the Map file
- Create and run a job file from Project Manager
Updating the map file with Arc format
- Open the map file in a text editor
- Add the line “call = arcshape” to the map file as the first line.
Creating and running job file
- Using a text editor create the following text file and give it a .job extension
Name = mapprint
Input = ./contour_to_shape.map
Output = ./contour_to_shape
- In the example above:
The Output parameter is the file name of the output Shape file
- In Project Manager right click on the job file – Select Run Job