JetStream is a web data serving solution based on a variety of Open Data Access Protocols. With JetStream's implementation a client uses a standard web-browser to search for datasets.
The JetStream system allows the client to choose subsets of data (to minimise download). JetStreamthen extracts the data, and zips it for further compression. After receiving an email the client then initiates a standard file-transfer to download the data. On the fly bitmap representations of the underlying geophysical data are presented via the web, so you can preview your selections until you're happy with your choice. You can then request actual data using JetStreamwith NO loss of precision.
Deploying within existing web server
The software provided by Intrepid Geophysics consists of a customisation of their JetStream base product offering.
The JetStream base product functionality consists of an intranet based software application which provides the following functionality:
1. cataloguing of spatial entities, datasets and supporting documentation (e.g. reports);
2. visualisation of the above entities via map based interface based on standard web browsers;
3. query and filtering functionality to locate datasets within a user defined area of interest;
4. query and filtering functionality to locate datasets based on popular SQL constructs (e.g DATEADDED BETWEEN 1/1/2010 AND 1/1/2011, SURVEY equals ARIZONA etc);
5. data retrieval of the filtered datasets based on user requirements
6. web client is OGC compliant interface supporting OGC services such as WFS and WMS.
7. interactive querying of meta data about dataset through popups.
The Jetstream solution is made from the following component technologies
- Intrepid Geophysics proprietary software applications and libraries for handling, processing and management of large geophysical datasets (Intrepid Modules – projconv, subset, export, gridop plus Native Intrepid Libraries). Upon request more modules (dynamic gridding, dynamic map making, dynamic geophysical filtering etc) can be added.
- Java servlet enabled web service technologies such as Apache Tomcat or Microsoft IIS
- Intrepid Geophysics proprietary java based servlets which manage the process required to create the zip file containing the data as requested by the end user. (Jetstream Servlets)
- Intrepid Geophysics open source java based Jetstream Java API that allows third party software or web developer to intact with the jetstream servets.
- Intrepid Geophysics sourced java based customization of website workflows (Java Server Pages)
- Relational database management systems such as PostgreSQL
- OpenLayers based infrastructure interacting with WMS and WFS sources as well as locally sourced kml files, jpg images, or shape files.
- MapServer environment for building spatially-enabled internet applications.
Thin client layout
Back Office Module
Jetstream back office module allows administrator of the Jetstream system to perform numerous administrative tasks such as
- Administer the current job queue.
- Look at active running jobs.
- Look at completed jobs.
- Generate daily, monthly, and yearly usage reports on who has downloaded what kind of data from the system
ISI Editor to interactively catalog data
The ISI tool facilitates the process of Cataloging data for Jetstream. ISI editor also allows to catalog documents(.doc,.zip,.pdf files). For example you have got a grid and a accompanying document. You can catalog the document using the location information from the grid.
Jetstream supports following file formats.
Line and Point Data
|AGSO Ascii Argus||Yes|
|AGSO Binary Argus||Yes|
|Ascii Line XYZ||.xyz||Yes|
(Postgres, mysql, Oracle)
2D Geophysical Grid
|AGSO Binary Grid||.grd||Yes|
|AGSO Argus Grid||.grd||Yes|
|Ascii Image XYZ||Yes|
|Binary Image ERM||.ers||Yes||Yes|
|Geosoft Grid (Integer)||.grd||Yes||Yes|
|GMT (netCDF) Grid||.nc,.cdf||Yes|
|LCT Binary Image||Yes|
|USGS DEM Grid||Yes|
|GeoSciML||.xml||Yes (Demonstrated in GSI Jetstream Site)|
(French Geological Survey Format)